Intermittent `login_required` for random single user when calling checkSession when attempting to renew

Hi,

We have an application that uses the current version of Auth0.js (9.8.2) checkSession method to silently renew active user’s tokens. These users are 100% “enterprise” users and none are social connections.

Occasionally, a single user will receive several successive failures with “login_required” responses after they recently logged in. This leads me to believe the issue is not configuration.

My understanding is that this error can only be generated either by a missing cookie, or an expired cookie.

My questions are:

1. are missing / expired cookies exclusively the only way this login_required error is thrown for enterprise connections , or are there other ways it can occur?
  2. What is the suggested best practice response in this scenario? should the user be logged out?

Thank you,

Chris

Hey there!

Terribly sorry for such delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing the best developer support experience out there, but sometimes our bandwidth is just not enough for all the questions that are coming in. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Do you still require further assistance from us?