Integrating Auth0 with WordPress & Firebase

Hello,

I have an Angular 7 app that I have implemented in WordPress and am using the Auth0 WordPress plugin for authentication. I would now like to migrate my MySQL application data to Firebase and maintain Auth0 authorisation. I have successfully moved the data, but not yet found a way to hook the Auth0 authentication to Firebase.

When I look at the Auth0 blog entry for using Firebase, there is a requirement for server side changes which I don’t believe I can do within the WordPress environment.

Is there anyone out there who is running Auth0 to authenticate under WordPress and using a Firebase back end? If not, does anyone have any suggestions on what I would need to do to accomplish this?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Edward

Hey there @edward.caulfield98!

I’m certainly not a WordPress guy but I did a quick look and found those articles:

Let me know if there are somehow helpful otherwise I’ll have someone with more WordPress knowledge join this conversation!

Hello Konrad,

Thank you very much for the information. I will experiment with this and let you know if I am not able to accomplish my goal.

Best Regards,

Edward

Sure! Good luck @edward.caulfield98 and let me know if you have any questions down the road!

Hello Konrad,

Thanks for your generous support. I was hoping you might be able to provide some insight that would help me improve my Auth0 implementation.

Basically, I am using Auth0 to authenticate for a WordPress site and only accepting Google sign-ins. This WordPress site runs an Angular application that uses Firebase, for which I am also only using the Google sign-in.

I would like to only have to sign in once for both WordPress and Firebase access.

When using Chrome, I can sign in using the Auth0 WordPress plugin and when I access Firebase via the Angular application, Chrome somehow maintains the login information and I don’t have to login a second time.

When using Firefox or Chromium, however, the Google sign-in information is not carried over and I have to login a second time to access Firebase.

Is there a way that an Angular app running on a WordPress site can reliably re-use the Auth0 plug-in generated Google sign-in in Firefox or Chromium?

I have worked my way through the links you provided previously, however they don’t address my hybrid situation (carrying over sign-in between WordPress & Angular).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Edward

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.