Implementing Microservices with gRPC and .NET Core 3.0

Hi @kretz.guillaume,
Welcome to Auth0 Community :wave:

I’m not a Xamarin expert but I think that you could use for your app the same approach I used for the console application. Did you try it?

I tried the same libraries/code, from your console app, in a Xamarin.Forms app :

Grpc.Core.RpcException: 'Status(StatusCode="Unavailable", Detail="Error starting gRPC call. HttpRequestException: Connection refused SocketException: Connection refused", DebugException="System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Connection refused ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused
  at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync (System.String host, System.Int32 port, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x000c8] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/archive-mono/2020-02/android/release/external/corefx/src/System.Net.Http/src/System/Net/Http/SocketsHttpHandler/ConnectHelper.cs:65

@kretz.guillaume, unfortunately that message tells me nothing special about the Xamarin environment.

Usually, this message comes out when there is no server listening on the port the client is trying to communicate.
From the path in your error message, I see that your client is running in an automated testing environment (Jenkins). Can you please verify that the gRPC server is up and running and/or is it reachable (e.g., no blocking firewall rules)?

This topic was automatically closed 27 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.