IDX10803: Unable to create to obtain configuration from: '[mydomain].well-known/openid-configuration'

Our live website is now down: unable to connect to the openid-conficuration endpoint. Called from .NET on IIS WebServer. Suddenly started failing at around 15:45.

'IDX10803: Unable to create to obtain configuration from: ‘https://mydomain.eu.auth0.com/.well-known/openid-configuration

Inner detail:
“The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.”

1 Like

Stating 2021-05-13, I got hte same issue. IDX 10803 UNable to create to obtain configuration from: (my domain)/.well-known/openid-configuration.

I had no code change. I bet something happened on Auth0’s end, being unable to serve the well knwon configuration.

If we do nothing and it magically goes away, that means someone at Auth0’s panic-fixed the whole thing.

My mistake - I missed the recent notifications about deprecation of TLS1 and 1.1

In .NET you can force your API to use TLS1.2 as follows:

System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;

That was one late night I didn’t need!! :wink:

2 Likes

Perfect! Glad you have figured it out and thanks for sharing with the rest of community!

1 Like

when did we get these notifications? this caused a lot of issue for us

I received an email on 19th Jan but I clearly didn’t realise the significance. I knew our WebServer supported TLS 1.2 and 1.3 and didn’t realise that .NET would insist on using TLS 1.0 if the later protocols were available.

Lesson learned…! :upside_down_face: