How to update id_token on SPA once user clicks email verification link

On my SPA, user will sign up, app will save id_token in localStorage (email_verified value is false at the moment), and email verification will be sent to the user.

Once user clicks the confirmation link, I want to update the id_token in the localStorage so that I can send the updated id_token with email_verified: true to my server.

But the url only contains these fields :
supportSignUp=true&supportForgotPassword=true&email=xyz@xyz.com&message=Your%20email%20was%20verified.%20You%20can%20continue%20using%20the%20application.&success=true#

I checked this post, Signup using management api from my application and the step 3 is unclear to me. Does that simply mean that the value will be updated in Auth0? If so, is there a way to get the latest id_token, either from email verification redirect url or from Auth0 using the old id_token?

Does anyone know how to approach the problem?

Hey there!

Sorry for such huge delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing you with best developer support experience out there, but sometimes our bandwidth is not enough comparing to the number of incoming questions.

Wanted to reach out to know if you still require further assistance?