How to integrate Auth0 for a web app, React front-end and Node backend separated?

I am building a dashboard which has two roles, customer and admin.

And I use Devias material UI theme kit pro for the dashboard front-end and run Node.js Express back-end server. (Devias Theme Kit 3.0 provides Auth0 authentication, unfortunately I am currently using version 2)

Node.js back-end server connected with MySQL database, so user information is from the database. I am going to integrate Auth0, but I have no idea which should be integrated with Auth0, React or Node. And I want to know how to implement.

Thank you.

Hey there!

Unfortunately we are not able to provide any guidance here as Devias Theme Kit is not a part of our stack that was developed by Auth0.

Thanks @konrad.sopala
You could remove Devias kit theme, I need to know only how to use Auth0 with React front-end and Node back-end separated.

I will encourage you then to check out our newest React SDK:

GitHub - auth0/auth0-react: Auth0 SDK for React Single Page Applications (SPA) (it uses Universal Login under the hood) on the Node side of things:

I think this might be a good choice for me.

Devias theme kit pro 2.0 auth is from localstorage session.
Except that, I could use auth0-spa-js

1 Like

Yep! That’s the guide using our newest React SDK.

Thanks for your help @konrad.sopala .

No worries! We’re here for you!

@david.yang Try this guide: The Complete Guide to React User Authentication with Auth0

if you need any help, let me know!

1 Like

Thanks @gmwill934
I will follow the guide and let you know the result.

2 Likes

Sure! Let us know if you have any further questions!

Thanks, I was wondering how this could be done as well. Your solutions works.

Glad we were able to help!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.