How to export all of users by export API

Hi,
I want to export all my users from Auth0. I’m using export API for and it works well. But actually, it’s not export all of the users. I received the user with “connection”: “Username-Password-Authentication” only. How can I retrieve another user which has the “connection”: “facebook” ,“connection”: “google-oauth2” or something else?
Could I have a help? Thanks.
For more information, this is the result when I’m using /api/v2/jobs/users-exports. You can see:

{
    "type": "users_export",
    "status": "pending",
    "connection_id": "con_rxxxxxxxxxxxx",
    "format": "json",
    "limit": 100,
    "fields": [
        {
            "name": "email"
        },
        {
            "name": "user_id"
        },
        {
            "name": "updated_at"
        },
        {
            "name": "nickname"
        },
        {
            "name": "email_verified"
        }
    ],
    "connection": "Username-Password-Authentication",
    "created_at": "2018-09-20T06:23:49.785Z",
    "id": "job_xxxxxxxx"
}

Hello Han,

Can you provide the steps you’re using to get the results you’re seeing? The export should return all users regardless of connection type.

That’s what stated here: https://auth0.com/docs/api/management/v2 “Auth0 limits the number of users you can return. If you exceed this threshold, please redefine your search” or use https://domyhomeworkonline.net/ for an answer.

Was there ever a definitive answer to this.
I am also only seeing users with “Username-Password-Authentication”.
I though it was because I was using the connection with the strategy of “auth0” and name “Username-Password-Authentication”, so I tried to use the Facebook specific connection with strategy “facebook” and name “facebook”, but when I do the users-exports, the job returns a url on completion, but when I click that URL I get:-

AccessDenied

Access denied

So currently I can’t extract the Facebook users - of which there are lots.

Ignore my previous comment (partly).
I found that by changing the connection id it does work, I had a typo in the script.
I’m updating the post to say you need to target a specific connection for specific user types, so one for auth0 generic users and one for Facebook signups (in my particular case).
Hope this helps someone.

1 Like

Glad you were able to figure this one out!

Thanks. This helped me.

1 Like

Perfect! Glad it’s working for you!