How to add the name field while creating the new user under users & role

Hello!!!

I just wanted to know that is there a way to add the name field of the user while creating the new user under users & role in Auth0

I have attached the screenshot for reference. I can see only the Email and password field present but I also want the name of the user to be entered while creating the user.

Can you please provide me a step by step guidance if possible because I am new to Auth0

Hi @vignesh.ramesh,

You can add additional sign up fields to the Universal Login form (example) so that end-users can provide this info when they sign up, but you can’t add fields to the form used to manually create users.

You can either edit the name field from the dashboard after creating the user:

Or you can use the Management API to create users with the name property using the /users/post_users endpoint.

In order to test out the Management API, you will need to set an API token in the top left corner of the Management API docs

You can get the token from your Auth0 dashboard by going to APIs, clicking on “Auth0 Management API” and then going to the API Explorer tab. Copy the token.

Once the API Token is set, you can try out the create users endpoint.

Create Users Endpoint

Example payload:

{
  "email": "john.doe@gmail.com",
  "user_metadata": {},
  "blocked": false,
  "email_verified": false,
  "app_metadata": {},
  "given_name": "John",
  "family_name": "Doe",
  "name": "John Doe",
  "nickname": "Johnny",
  "connection": "Username-Password-Authentication",
  "password": "secretpassword123!@#",
  "verify_email": false
}
1 Like

Hello Stephanie,

Thanks for providing me the solution :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.