How can I ensure that the Post-Registration process is completed before redirecting when using Auth0 Lock?

I’ve observed that Auth0 Lock skips the Post-Registration step and runs in the background, causing issues such as missing user data in our database when the redirect occurs.

For instance:

Auth0 Lock → Skips Post-Registration (Auth0 actions) → Redirects → API fails due to incomplete user data in our database

Expected behavior:

Auth0 Lock → Waits and completes Post-Registration first → Redirects → API succeeds

We utilize Post-Registration (Auth0 action) to save user data to the database.

I’m uncertain why it’s skipping the Post-Registration step and proceeding directly to the redirect.

Here’s a code example:

const axios = require("axios");

/**
 * Handler that will be called during the execution of a PostUserRegistration flow.
 * @param {Event} event - Details about the context and user that has registered.
 * @param {PostUserRegistrationAPI} api - Methods and utilities to help change the behavior after a signup.
 */
exports.onExecutePostUserRegistration = async (event, api) => {
  console.log(JSON.stringify(event));
  console.log("Saving user Data");
  // create user in our db
  await axios
    .post(`https://exampleco.com/user`, {
      ...event.user,
    })
    .then((res) => {
      console.log(`statusCode: ${res.status}`);
    })
    .catch((err) => {
      console.error(err);
    });

console.log("Saved user Data");
};

Hi @team4,

Using Lock should have no impact on whether or not the post registration action runs.

Post registration actions are non-blocking, and the auth pipeline does not wait for them to complete before continuing. Additionally, they only run for Database and Passwordless connections.

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.