Hebrew support for universal login

Hello, i would like to ask when is hebrew languages will be supported? Its crucial for our app.

I daw that if i put “he” in lock language lock options it does translate the login page to hebrew. Is it possible to do the same on universal login?

Hi @mcloha,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

Unfortunately, right-to-left languages like Hebrew are currently unsupported.

If you would like to see Hebrew supported in the product, please submit a feedback request asking for this feature.

Thanks,
Rueben

1 Like

Thanks for a quick response.
Do we have an option to upload custom i18n values to override the system ones?

Also there is already a feature request for that: Arabic language
Is there any plans to implement it? How much time would it take?

Hi @mcloha,

Thanks for the updates.

I have looked further into this and found that Arabic and Hebrew is supported in the New Universal Login experience.

To do this, please run the following command:

curl -H "Authorization: Bearer $ACCESS_TOKEN" -X PATCH  -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"enabled_locales":["en","ar","he"]}' https://TENANT/api/v2/tenants/settings

Let me know how this goes for you.

Thanks,
Rueben

1 Like

It just returned a JSON object and i can see the “enabled_locales”:[“en”,“ar”,“he”] there. But it still doesnt look like translating the login page to hebrew though.
Is there anything else i need to do? Is there any documentation for this?

Ok, i tried it again but with just [“he”] language in the array. Now i can see the page is translated to hebrew. Can i change specific text on Universal Login to something else? Like for example the title instead of “Welcome” we want to show “Come on in!”

Thanks for the help

Hi @mcloha,

You will need to specify the language in the ui_locales query parameter of the login request. For example:

https://{yourDomain}/authorize?
    response_type=code&
    client_id={yourClientId}&
    redirect_uri={https://yourApp/callback}&
    scope={scope}&
    audience={apiAudience}&
    state={state}&
    ui_locales=he

This way, it enables all three languages and you can dynamically render the page based on the desired language with the ui_locales parameter.

Yes, if you need to modify the New Universal Login text, please refer to our Customize New Universal Login Text Prompts documentation, specifically for the “login” prompt.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
Rueben

1 Like

Yes and here :wave: just to mention the easiest way to do this and something we released a few days ago in Auth0 CLI 1.4.0 is this new customize command:

auth0 universal-login customize

Your default browser will pop open with a window looking a bit like this one below. Here I’ve just changed “Welcome” to “Get to learnin’!” and could just click Deploy in order to… well, deploy that change:

You can get it from our repo and here’s the repo docs to get you going quickly ➔ Auth0 CLI | Build, manage and test your Auth0 integrations from the command line.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.