Getting "Wrong email or password." when trying to login to second connection

I have set up two databases both default Auth0 connections. I can create users in both databases, but when I try to login as a user in the second database via the API I get the “Wrong email or password” error. If I try the connection from the dashboard I can login just fine.

Hi @pieter.slabbert,

Welcome to the Community!

How are you logging in as a user in the second connection? Can you please tell us more about your setup?

We have an application that we provide as a white-label to other companies. Each companies user pool must be distinct. At the moment each company is modeled as a Machine to Machine client and a connection. Though we want to move to a single client using multiple connections.

We are using the /oauth/token endpoint to login. Each client only has access to its own connection. I was expecting that with this setup, it would automatically use the connection from the relevant client.

I have found a work around for this at the moment by passing "grant_type": "http://auth0.com/oauth/grant-type/password-realm" and "realm": "relevant-connection"

Thanks for the update. In the case where you would like to exchange a username/password pair directly for a token, and you would like the option to select from multiple directories/connections, you will need to use the Resource Owner Password Grant with Realm Support (as you have found).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.