Getting RS512 error when using openid connect

I am getting this error unexpected JWT alg received, expected RS256, got: RS512 when using the openid connection. After entering my credentials on ping federate I am getting the said error.

Do I need to change any of my configuration on my application?

Thanks.

Hi @jearson,

Yes, it sounds like your token is being signed with RS512, and the application verifying the signature is expecting RS256.

To understand why, we need to know what server is issuing the token, and what application is throwing this error. Can you please provide some more details on this?

Hello @dan.woda ,

Thank you for your response.

The server issuing the token is [PingFederate (PingFederate | Ping Identity) (a.k.a Meechum) but they are using google gmail to let their users sign in. Once a user is logged in using their gmail they are redirected back to our application in auth0 the application now throws this error.

Looking forward for you help.

Thank you.

Hello @dan.woda By the way does auth0 supports RS512 as algorithm?

Thank you.

What do you mean by the Auth0 application? Can you post a screenshot of where the error is happening?

Hello @dan.woda. For now we had changed the Ping Federate configuration to RS256 and this solved now the issue.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, I am going to mark this resolved.

No worries. I have this issue again can you help me on this. Cannot authenticate after IDP initiate login

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.