Get access token for a user using management credentials

I occasionally want to be able to log into a user’s account, for testing & debugging issues from their point of view, and accurate reproducing what they’re seeing.

To do so, I need to be able to get an access token for the user, but I can’t see an easy way to do that outside of the normal login flow. As the owner of an application, how can I do this?

If it makes a difference, all my users are passwordless, so they don’t have credentials anywhere. I would prefer to do this without sending a login code email to them though, since that’ll be confusing and annoying.

I can imagine lots of hacky solutions (change their email, log into the account, change it back immediately afterwards) but I’d like a cleaner option, preferably something I can easily automate into my own admin toolbox.

Hi @pimterry,

Unfortunately there is no impersonation feature currently available. We have offered this previously but since deprecated it due to cross site resource forgery concerns.

Best,
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.