FEATURE REQUEST: Create scope to allow /api/v2/jobs/email-verification from web client

Summary

This is a feature request to add a scope such as update:current_user for which an accessToken could be requested via Auth0.js to allow a logged-in user to initiate the resending of the email verification email, i.e. to call the /api/v2/jobs/email-verification endpoint.

Rationale

Currently, sending an email verification email requires scope update:users, which in turn requires setting up a machine-to-machine app that can access the Management API. However, since it is already possible to get an accessToken to allow the currently logged in user to update their own metadata using Auth0.js, I was wondering if it might be possible to add a scope like update:current_user for which an accessToken could be requested via Auth0.js to allow a logged-in user to initiate the resending of the email verification email.

If this could be implemented I’d be willing and happy to submit a pull request to the Auth0.js library to add a function for doing this.

Thanks for considering!!!

Morgan

Hi Morgan!. Would you mind filing this feature request at Auth0: Secure access for everyone. But not just anyone.? These feedbacks go directly to the Product team, and they classify and prioritize feature requests together with new features and other product work.

1 Like

Done. Thanks for the lightning fast response!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.