Family/Given name fields in Lock widget not populating name field

We are currently using the Auth0 Classic Lock widget for user signup. When signing up via this widget the given_name and family_name fields are populated in user_metadata, but the name is not properly populated in the management dashboard (the name still appears as the username/email).

When users are created via the Management API, the user_metadata looks identical, but the name field is properly populated.

Here is an example of my signup configuration

additionalSignUpFields: [{
    name: "given_name",
    placeholder: "First name",
  },
  {
    name: "family_name",
    placeholder: "Last name"
  }

and here is a sample of the user object which is created from the lock widget

"email": "firstname.lastname@example.com",
"name": "firstname.lastname@example.com",
"nickname": "firstname.lastname",
"user_id": "...",
"user_metadata": {
    "given_name": "firstname",
    "family_name": "lastname"
}

Notice also that the nickname field seems to populate as expected by dropping the @example.com. This is the same behavior as a user created via the Management API

Is there any reason the Classic Lock widget would not be triggering the population of the name field?

1 Like

Hi @sam.schechter,

I was able to help troubleshoot this issue in a support ticket you submitted. I will post the solution here so other community users can see it.

To solve this you wrote a rule which checks the user.name field, and if it is not formatted correctly, updates it as expected.

Thank you for reaching out!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.