Failed to create ios build using auth0_flutter

Hi,

We’ve been working on a mobile project app that uses auth0_flutter to take care of our authentication layer and we are able to use it successfully. Suddenly, we can’t seem to build an ipa due to this error.

Swift Compiler Error (Xcode): Compiling for iOS 12.0, but module 'Auth0' has a minimum deployment target of iOS 13.0: <path to project>build/ios/Debug-iphonesimulator/Auth0/Auth0.framework/Modules/Auth0.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.swiftmodule
<path to home>/.pub-cache/hosted/pub.dev/auth0_flutter-1.2.1/ios/Classes/AuthAPI/AuthAPIExtensions.swift:1:7

We already specified the platform version to ios 13 in our ios/Podfile and no luck.

Is there someone who can help us with this? Thank you :slight_smile:

Environment

Flutter 3.7.12 • channel stable • https://github.com/flutter/flutter.git
Framework • revision 4d9e56e694 (9 weeks ago) • 2023-04-17 21:47:46 -0400
Engine • revision 1a65d409c7
Tools • Dart 2.19.6 • DevTools 2.20.1
Doctor summary (to see all details, run flutter doctor -v):
[!] Flutter (Channel stable, 3.7.12, on macOS 13.4 22F66 darwin-arm64, locale
    en-PH)
    ! Warning: `dart` on your path resolves to
      /opt/homebrew/Cellar/dart/3.0.0/libexec/bin/dart, which is not inside your
      current Flutter SDK checkout at <path to home>/fvm/versions/3.7.12. Consider
      adding <path to home>/fvm/versions/3.7.12/bin to the front of your path.
[!] Android toolchain - develop for Android devices (Android SDK version 33.0.0)
    ✗ Android license status unknown.
      Run `flutter doctor --android-licenses` to accept the SDK licenses.
      See https://flutter.dev/docs/get-started/install/macos#android-setup for
      more details.
[✓] Xcode - develop for iOS and macOS (Xcode 14.3.1)
[✓] Chrome - develop for the web
[✓] Android Studio (version 2021.3)
[✓] VS Code (version 1.79.2)
[✓] Connected device (4 available)
[✓] HTTP Host Availability

Hey there!

In order to handle that most effectively, can I ask you to raise it here in our Flutter repo so we can figure it out directly with the repo maintainers?

Once you have a link to it, you can share it here so we can ping them. Thank you!

Idk if I’m late but I had the same issue and the only way I managed to fix is opening the project from XCode, opening the ‘Pods’ workspace, selecting auth0_flutter in ‘Targets’ and bumping um Minimum Deployment to 13.0
This fixed the issue, but mind you, I have increased versions in Podfile as well, idk how relevant is this but last fix was the one described above

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the replies, I had it resolved few weeks back and forgot to go back to this thread.

What I did at that time was to temporarily point the auth0_flutter version directly to git in our pubspec.yaml file because this changes af: Pin Auth0.swift and its dependencies to last version that supports iOS 12 by Widcket · Pull Request #276 · auth0/auth0-flutter · GitHub freezes the version of Auth0 to version 2.3.2 which still supports IOS 12

auth0_flutter:
    git:
      url: https://github.com/auth0/auth0-flutter.git
      path: auth0_flutter

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.