Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Adding Auth0 to an existing Objective-C project. (xcode9/iOS11)

error
migration
xcode
objective-c

![alt text][1]

(im using the latest cocoapods,xcode,sdk)

When I try it with xcode 8.x, as this message suggest, after the migration I got compile errors in _ObjectiveManagementAPI.swift like this:
init method: “Cannot invoke ‘users’ with an argument list of type ‘(token: String)’”.

(xcode 8.3.3,sdk 10.3,pod 1.0.1, auth0 1.8.0, simplekeych 0.8.0)

I know i do it wrong somehow, but cant figure it out… :confused: Thanks for any advise!
G.

Long shot, but you mention the use of latest cocoapods, but then you state that pod version is 1.0.1. I just ran pod --version on an up to date install and it declares version 1.3.1 as latest. You may want to update to see if it can be related.

Thank you so much!
That did the trick on the older machine. So xcode 8 could merged it to swift3.
Now the project can be opened by xcode 9 on the other machine with the latest software tools installed.
My english is knowledge is not enough to tell you how thankfull I am right now :slight_smile:
Thanks agan @jmangelo !

The real issue is here, when you have to use Auth0 without XCode 8. The cocoapod is swift 2 and in xcode 9 is no option to upgrade it to swift3 or swift4…
(When will apple stop playing around with the syntax?!)

Thank you so much!
That did the trick on the older machine. So xcode 8 could merged it to swift3.
Now the project can be opened by xcode 9 on the other machine with the latest software tools installed.
My english is knowledge is not enough to tell you how thankfull I am right now :slight_smile:
Thanks agan @jmangelo !

The real issue is here, when you have to use Auth0 without XCode 8. The cocoapod is swift 2 and in xcode 9 is no option to upgrade it to swift3 or swift4…
(When will apple stop playing around with the syntax?!)