Event.User with missing properties executing an Auth0 custom action

I have a custom action in Auth0, however when i try to retrieve the event.user properties, there only these properties are available: email, email_verified, id, last_password_reset and user_id. All the rest of user properties (for example given_name, family_name, etc) are missing. How can I access them?
It seems there’s no rule enabled.
Thanks

Hi @marmv90,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you would like to get the complete user profile with Actions.

It appears that you are using a Post-Change-Password Action, which only has the email, email_verified, id, last_password_reset, and user_id properties available. This is consistent with our https://auth0.com/docs/actions/triggers/post-change-password/event-object documentation.

As a workaround, you could use the Management API with Actions and query for the complete user profile that way.
Please read our FAQ on How can I use the Management API in Actions? .

Then, you will need to take the event.user.user_id and pass it to the Management API GET/api/v2/users/{id} endpoint.

After doing so, you should have the full user profile.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I’d be happy to help.

Thank you.

1 Like

I have the same issue and according to Actions Triggers: post-user-registration - Event Object you should get it though

Hi @r.cauquil,

I just tested your observations and did not find the same results. Instead the Post-User-Registration Action is working and producing the event.user.user_id value. See below.

Thank you.

hi @rueben.tiow

My observations are on this “All the rest of user properties (for example given_name, family_name, etc) are missing” and I have the same issue from event. user

Have a good day

Hi @rueben.tiow,

I’ve seen people having the same issue here

Please also see my previous post with more details on the event.user payload

Have a great day

Hi @r.cauquil,

Thank you for your response.

Let us continue the conversation in your other Community Post since this is unrelated to the Post-Change-Password Action when the issues observed are related to a Post-User-Registration Action.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.