Enrich new users with property and permissions

What I want to do is to let my SPA invite other persons by sharing a link (spa.mine/join?o=ACME) for joining their organisation.
When the invitee is coming to the SPA the auth0 authentication is shown but I would like to do two things;

• add the organisation name I’ve stored in the link for joining (the acme part)
  • give the user two permissions which are already working if I apply them in the Auth0 admin portal.

I’ve read the docs and tried hooks but that didn’t work. I don’t mind using the auth0 management API, but I don’t think its the right approach.
Please note that I can’t or want to know the invitee’s email address. The join link has to be used by everyone.
Thanks for helping me figure this out

Hi @CasperCBroeren,

Welcome to the Community!

You can add params to your call and pick them up in rules. From a rule you can store them in app_metadata.

Checkout this thread on the topic:

Can you expand on this? What do you mean “already working if I apply them in the Auth0 admin portal.”? How have you have already given them to the user?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.