Easy Authentication in Xamarin Apps with Auth0

Learn how to add authentication to iOS and Android apps with Xamarin and Auth0.

Brought to you by @daniel.krzyczkowski

Check it out

1 Like

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you all for reading, what do you think about the integration steps of Auth0 library in the Xamarin apps? Let us know in the comments below!

2 Likes

What about Xamarin Forms? About 2 years agor I worked for a client that used Auth0, but we used Xamarin Forms and it was quite painful to implement.

Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS are fine, but almost all new projects that I start are on Forms.

Hi @petvetbr, I’m not a Xamarin expert, but if you mean integrating Auth0 with native UI, it is not considered a best practice as far as I know. Check out this article for more info.

This is great. Thanks for taking the time to do this. It works off the bat :slight_smile:

I don’t suppose there’s a Xamarin.forms example where the flow is triggered from a view in the shared project and handled in the appropriate native project as per your example?

It’s rare that I would develop an application solely in either mobile architecture (android/ios) especially when using Xamarin. Most Xamarin devs i know use xamarin.forms where the ui is shared. Such an implementation example would be a massive help.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Thank you for a kind words, I am happy that you found it interesting.
With reference to your question. Please take a look at this article I wrote (also on Auth0 blog):
Developing Mobile Apps with Xamarin Forms and Azure Functions
In this article I used Auth0 library together with Xamarin Forms application to call Azure Function (secured by Auth0 too).
Please let me know if it helped you once you check it. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Thank you for the comment. Did you try to look at my another article below?
I used Xamarin Forms together with Auth0 library and it worked without bigger issues.
Developing Mobile Apps with Xamarin Forms and Azure Functions

2 Likes

Thanks @daniel.krzyczkowski for sharing all that!

2 Likes

Thanks Daniel,

That helped. It wasn’t that difficult after all.

Cheers

2 Likes

Teamwork makes the dreamwork!

1 Like

Great to know, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 43 days. New replies are no longer allowed.