Django oidc-rp authentication problem

Hi
I am trying to integrate a django application. I am using django oidc-rp. Problem: I login, I get redirected to auth0.com and fill in username and password. I get redirected to my django website but I don’t get an access token. I don’t know what auth0.com actually returns to me. When I check request.user.is_authenticated it tells me that user is not authenticated. What could be the problem? I’m am running my app on localhost, http.

Kind regards

Flavius

Good morning @bura_flavius, I apologize for the delay in response.

In case you are still facing this challenge I would be happy to take a look at this with you. A HAR file capture of this login flow would be a great first start to investigating what may be occurring here. Please be sure to select “Preserve log” to catch redirects and scrub the file of user passwords before passing to me through a direct message, thanks!

Supporting Documentation:

Hi James

Thanks for reaching out to me. I have solved this issue. The problem was that the oidp_rp required the Identity Provider to return an email address for the user which I disabled my self in code and then it worked. If the Identity Provider didn’t send an email address than the user would not be authenticated. I know back than the oidc_rp was still in beta so this might be updated now.

Kind regards

Flavius Bura

Thanks for sharing the solution @bura_flavius!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.