Distributed application supported

Does Auth0 support authentication and authorising in a distributed application?
Front end running serverside React app for UI components on domain a.com and back end business logic on a node app running on domain b.com. The node app needs to know the user credentials and role.
If this is supported is there a tutorial/ documentation ?

Thanks

Hi @rationem,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

I understand you would like to know if Auth0 Supports authentication and authorization.

Yes, we offer both authentication and authorization in the Auth0 Product. I recommend checking out our Auth0 React SDK Quickstarts: Add Login to your React App which has an example application and a guide on adding authentication using our Auth0 React SDK.

I would also recommend reading the following resources regarding authorization:

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thanks,
Rueben

Hi - I can see and have a working example of Auth0 working for React. My use case is with a React frontend and a node (NextJs) API with all the business logic. I cannot see how to have the API authentication working with the React one so the API rest call requires logged in user and their role . I believe this is ‘backend for frontend’ scenario. Is there an example of this use case?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @rationem,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, our Auth0 Node (Express) API SDK Quickstarts: Add authorization to an Express.js API application is a great place to start.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out again.

Thanks,
Rueben