Disable Sign Ups using Management API

How do I disable sign ups for a Username-Password-Authentication connection using Management API? I thought it would be using the endpoint PATCH /api/v2/connections/{id} but I can’t figure out what to put in the body to disable sign ups. Thank you for your help!

Hi there @pvarshavskaya, you can actually disable the signups in the Dashboard by going to
Connections>Database>Settings and you should find a toggle towards the bottom for disabling sign ups. Is there a specific reason you want to disable username-passwords signups through the management api?

Just for historical reference, this is how you can disable sign ups for social connections:

Please let me know if this helps you in your quest. Thanks!

Thank you. Yes, I know how to do it through the Dashboard. I’m specifically interested in how to do it through the management API because I’m interested in doing it programmatically, if there’s a way.

Hey there @pvarshavskaya, I was able verify with our support team that this isn’t official supported or documented but there is disable_signup: true option via the Management API that will accomplish result you are looking to do programmatically. However I would suggest doing it via the Dashboard as it is the supported approach. It’s important to note, if you use the options parameter, the whole options object will be overridden, so ensure that all parameters are present. Please let me know if this helps you in your quest. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you! Good to know! Will rely on Dashboard for now.

1 Like

No problem, I’m glad I could help!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Update on this: it’s just been forgotten to put in the API docs, there’s no issue in using it in the mgmt API call directly. So, no difference whether you configure it via Dashboard or API.

1 Like