Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Disable Sign Up through Auth0 ONLY -> I want to use my own sign up method

api

I want to remove the “Sign Up” tab on the Auth0 login page, but I want to have a registration form on my site that allows for sign ups. When I go in and disable sign ups, I cannot create users from my own api. I want to ONLY be able to sign up users from my api.

Also, why can I not sign up users with “email_verified”: true??? They have to verify their email through my site before I ever sign them up with Auth0.

Thanks!

Hello @diaewad,

You should be able to build your own signup solution using Lock or the Auth0 APIs, and you can manually set "email_verified": "true" when you create a new account.

When I initially create the user, I send “email_verified: true” but Auth0 still sets it to false. Do I have to do a second call to update the user? Because that’s really frustrating.

Also, I have built my sign-up solution. What I’m asking is how to remove the “Sign Up” tab on the Auth0 login but still allow sign ups via my solution.

You shouldn’t have to make a second call to set email_verified to true. What is your process for setting that attribute?

You can disable the sign up tab.