I’m having some trouble setting up a custom domain to be used by my Auth0 tenant. Here’s my setup and what I did so far:
- The Auth0 tenant is set to Development
- I created a custom domain and added it to my tenant (the test check under https://manage.auth0.com/dashboard/us/OUR_AUTH0_DOMAIN/custom_domains comes back positive).
- I set the Auth0 base URL in my code to be the custom domain I specified.
- I’m using the New Universal login, not the Classic one.
- I set up a social authentication via google-oauth2 that’s working WITHOUT the custom domain.
By default (meaning without using a custom domain) I am able to use the login flow and access our website. However, once I enable the custom domain I can’t complete login anymore. I am able to access the universal login experience but once I’ve entered the password for any of my Google accounts I end up on a generic error page saying
You may have pressed the back button, refreshed during login, opened too many login dialogs, or there is some issue with cookies, since we couldn't find your session. Try logging in again from the application and if the problem persists please contact the administrator.. I checked the error logs in the Auth0 dashboard but it’s just as vague as the error message on the page.
I’ve been trouble-shooting in my Google Workspace and also been looking around these community boards but haven’t found a working solution yet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!