CreateAsync call - prevent sending email

I am using the auth0.net management API and am having a bit of trouble: I want to create a user, but it seems like this code is sending a password reset invitation:

var management = new ManagementApiClient(token, _auth0Uri.Host, _managementConnectionService);

var request = new UserCreateRequest
            {
                Email = nppUser.Email,
                FirstName = nppUser.FirstName,
                LastName = nppUser.LastName,        
                Password = Guid.NewGuid().ToString(),
                Connection = ConnectionName,
                VerifyEmail=false
            };

According to this and this I can set VerifyEmail to false and it should not send an email, but it is anyways. I’ve also tried EmailVerified=false and it yields the same result. I am doing this because I need to customize the invitation process, and showing “Reset Password” isn’t exactly the most thoughtful invitation (and I still want to use the reset password email for actual email resets). Thanks.

Hey there!

Can you raise it as a GitHub issue in our .NET repo here:

so we can address that directly with the tool maintainers? Once you have a link to it share it here so we can ping them. Thank you!

Hi Konrad,

This is done - the issue is here: CreateAsync - cannot prevent email from being sent · Issue #535 · auth0/auth0.net · GitHub

Thanks!

1 Like

Perfect! Let me ping them in a moment!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.