We have noticed that the connection’s display_name gets overwritten when the connection is Updated (PATCH request), even though we don’t pass the display_name field in the request.
The issue occurs while patching a connection through Management API, and I have been able to reproduce this issue with an OIDC connection.
I have performed the below operations:
- Update a connection - Update the display_name field to a new value
- Get a connection - The display_name is shown as Updated
- In the next operation, while updating a connection, pass the options parameter in the PATCH request without sending the display_name in the request. In the response, I can see that the display_name field gets changed, although I did not pass it in the request
display_name is not provided in the request, we define it to match the
name field. This is the expected behavior.