I create users only via the Mgmt API. I do only set fields ‘email’, ‘password’ and ‘connection’. Users receive an automatic email from Auth0 to verify their address.
Right now I want to update a user record when he wishes to change his email address. I’ll do this with a lookup first and then an update of the user by passing only the ‘email’ field with the new value.
Then, something not expected happens:
- The user is still visbile with the old address in the “Name” field via the dashboard.
- The user has the new address visible as “Pending”
- The user can login with the new address
- There is no verification mail sent to the new address
- Subsequent queries to find the new address
- Why is the address set to pending?
- Why is the email verification not sent out?
- Why is the “Name” field not updated here as well as while user creation?