Can't receive the email of the user after he approves the app [FB]

Hey guys,
I’m working with cURL & Facebook sdk for 5-6 years, and had no trouble at all.
But now, I suddenly can’t receive the user’s email address after he logs in my site and a unique personal token is generated for him.
I mean my scope is: public_profile, email. that’s all. I first noticed it when I looked at my database and saw that there are empty rows of “email”.

So I joined Auth0, to check what’s the issue. And also on this platform, I can’t get any email address although the “email” permission is allowed by Facebook by any app and does not require any additional approval or review by them.

I’m getthing this info:
“sub”: “facebook|1031231212355512”,
“given_name”: “Ted”,
“family_name”: “Mosby”,
“nickname”: “tudalos98”,
“name”: “Ted Mosby”,
“picture”: “xxxxxxxx”,
“gender”: “male”,
“locale”: “en-US”,
“updated_at”: “2018-07-09T12:31:12.593Z”
}

there’s no “email” line at all as you can see…
I re-checked this more than 3 times, re-checked myself and ticked the “email” box & re-checked the scope parameters in the url before logging to the app.

I also checked it with 3 different users, all 3 verified emails.

The really strange thing is that I don’t know what’s the “nickname” line is realated to… I mean facebook doesn’t let you choose a “nickname”. There are only your first&last name & your username(which comes right after Redirecting...)

The strange thing is the “nickname” that is mentioned here, is not the “username” that comes after facebook.com/ BUT this is the username of my email address. I mean:
My email address is: tudalos98@gmail. com
my facebook short link is: Ted Mosby;
and there is the “nickname” that is fetched by facebook:

“nickname”: “tudalos98”,

Where do you think is the problem?
Thanks alot.

Hello @Zyzz, I wanted to reach out and apologize for the delay in getting you a response to your question here. Is this one particular user or all users? My understanding is once upon a time ago Facebook didn’t actually require you to add an email so we’ve seen cases pop up here and there where sporadic users don’t actually have emails when socially signing up/in through Facebook. However this should not be a blanket occurrence. Facebook has been known to change things on their end as well which can make it an ever challenging situation. Due to the age of the topic I will keep it open for the next 10 days just in case this is still occurring and you have any other details you can share. I would be happy to answer any additional questions and work together on the challenge when you get a chance, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 9 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.