Cannot update a users phone number

I cannot update the users phone number because it already exists but I cannot find it when I search for it. Please help. We have waited for 2 hours to allow for indexing.

We are getting the same error message 24 hours later. Can you please look at this?

Let me know if you need the phone number or our account information.

This is now happening with other phone numbers. Please help

Hi @tanner1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community.

I am investigating your observations and will get back to you as soon as I have any updates.

Thank you.

Hi @tanner1,

After my investigation, I found that this issue occurs with SMS Passwordless login. It can happen when a user uses their phone number to trigger the SMS Passwordless flow but fail to complete the verification code to continue login. Doing so leads to being unable to find the user in the tenant and the error message you observed with “The specified new phone_number already exists”.

In this situation, could you please ask those users with the phone numbers to retry the login and follow through submitting the verification code?

Once that is complete, a new user will appear in Auth0, which you can delete to remove this error and proceed with updating those phone numbers.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.