Cannot get token for Management API

I cannot get a token to even attempt to access the management API. I am copying and pasting the cURL code from the test area on the management API to get a token and it fails with this response: {“error”:“access_denied”,“error_description”:“Unauthorized”}. I have the same failure from C#. What troubleshooting steps can I take?

Hey @JoeWirtley, Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Just to confirm what Application did you select in the drop down which says : “Select the application you would like to test”, is it the default API Explorer Application?

You will have to make sure which ever application is selected there has Authorization in Machine to Machine Application Tab , if the scopes are not granted it won’t work.

1 Like

I’ve tried it with two different applications and the API explorer. All have authorization in the machine-to-machine tab. Each application also authorizes the management API in the APIs tab. Still does not work for any of them.

I do have my .NET code working at this point, so I don’t need to figure this out right now, although it is troubling that it is not working as expected.

Thanks for your reply.

What did you do on the .net app to get a token? Was it a permission/scope add?