Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Can I use Facebook's SDK to auth in a OIDC-conformant way?

oidc-conformant
facebook

I can’t figure out how to access a user’s Facebook access_token after logging in which I need for their analytics platform. I’ve been trying to use Facebook’s SDK (which returns the token) to login to Auth0 but the only endpoint I’ve found is /access_token which seems to be a legacy API and does not work with my current server setup. Is there a way to access the access token using one of the new APIs or to use Facebook’s SDK?

The following document outlines how to obtain an access token to call an Identity Provider’s API:
https://auth0.com/docs/tutorials/calling-an-external-idp-api

@prashant thanks for the follow-up! Unfortunately in this case, going through those steps returns the Facebook’s app’s access_token, not the users (sort of like a management vs an auth token)… do you or anyone else know any other options?

@prashant thanks for the follow-up! Unfortunately in this case, going through those steps returns the Facebook’s app’s access_token, not the users (sort of like a management vs an auth token)… do you or anyone else know any other options?

Please make sure that you have selected the appropriate permissions for the Facebook connection:

Dashboard > Connections > Social > Facebook > Permissions