Can I automate MFA?

Hi,

Recently MFA was enabled for our organization. There’s a CI user which also got MFA enabled. Up until now the automated scripts would login that user with user/pass using python + selenium, now that doesn’t work ofc. After entering user/pass, the authenticator screen is displayed with Auth0 Guardian/Google Authenticator. Can I automate that part with python?

Thank you!

Not sure what you want to automate here exactly. Do you want to trigger the MFA flow programatically?

Basically I want to authenticate the CI user in auth0 programatically even if it has MFA enabled.

For more context, we have a device authorization flow, so python scripts go to that URL to authenticate where up until now user/pass was sufficient but now MFA is enabled.

Thanks for providing that context. To be honest I’m not sure if it’s doable. Let me research that and get back to you soon!

Sure, thank you very much!

No worries! We’re here for you!

Hi, any updates on this?

Sorry for the delay in response. Our bandwidth decreased a bit recently due to part of the team being on vacation but it’s getting back to normal.

So I did a bit of research and the core doc to that concept is here:

https://auth0.com/docs/mfa/authenticate-with-ropg-and-mfa/enroll-and-challenge-otp-authenticators

It’s not clearly stated whether the whole flow can be automated but when it comes to OTP authenticators it seems like most of the process could be automated without the initial part of enrolling someone into MFA. Rest of the process sounds like it can be automated judging by that doc.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.