Blacklisting User Attributes for Privacy reasons

Hello there,

I have tried to blacklist some user attributes, by following the instructions in this article. Here is an example of the body of the PATCH request:

{
    "options": {
        "non_persistent_attrs": [
            "email",
            "family_name",
            "given_name",
            "picture",
            "phone_number",
            "name",
            "nickname"
        ]
    }
}

However, when I add a user to the auth0 database (through a social login such as Google for example), those attributes are still present.

To give you some context, my application has some strict rules around where data is stored and how. Thus, I wanted to minimize the amount of identifiable attributes stored on auth0 database.

Q: Are some attributes impossible to blacklist, such as the ones I have mentioned above?
Q: The blacklist user attributes operation is mentioned in an article. However, the actual API docs make no mention of it. Does it mean that this operation is no longer supported?

Thank you in advance!

Hi @lpedrosa,

Welcome to the Community!

I don’t see it ever being deprecated. It should still be available afaik.

Can you DM me the name of your tenant the and relevant connections so I can take a look?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi @dan.woda,

Sorry for the late reply. I have sent you a DM with the relevant information. Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.