Automatic migration turn off

Hi there,

I had a problem with automatic migration, which I solved thank to this post

The asking user gave you an advice to update documentation, which seems still not to be updated. He or she also asked a question which I am facing now:

Please be more clear as what you mean by “disconnect your legacy database” in the last paragraph of the " Automatic User Migration with Custom Database Connection" document:

At this point, you can disconnect your legacy database ( not the Auth0 database). You will also want to keep Import Users to Auth0 (on the Settings page) enabled. Your users will then be directed to use the new database workflow.

Do we need to turn off the custom db connection under the application and turn on the “Username-Password-Authentication” connection? Or should we just leave everything(connections) as is, just remove our own Login/getUser script?

Thanks!

I added a comment to the post you just linked. Here’s what I wrote:

Do we need to turn off the custom db connection under the application and turn on the “Username-Password-Authentication” connection?

No

Or should we just leave everything(connections) as is, just remove our own Login/getUser script?

Yes, you leave everything as is, but put in the login/getUser script as per docs. That’s all you need to do.

“Disconnecting your legacy database” basically means that after you’ve changed the login/getUser script, Auth0 won’t call your physical legacy DB anymore and you’re free to shut that DB server down, close the firewall on your end, etc.