Automatic migration not working

Hi there,

I am trying to set up the automatic migration of our customers from a legacy DB (accessed through rest API) to Auth0 DB. I have followed the steps in this guide: Configure Automatic Migration from Your Database but it isn’t working.

The logs show that the login script for the custom DB is getting called and no errors are being thrown yet I get a wrong username or password error on the universal login page and the user isn’t added.

Several questions:

1. Which connections should I be allowing for the app? I have tried allowing both the custom DB one and the default username-password Auth0 one, just the custom one, just the default one and none of these work.

2. At the end of the login script, if they are a valid user in legacy codebase, to add the user to the Auth0 db all I need to do is call the callback with null and then the user profile?

3. Do i need to change anything on the hosted login page to get this to work?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Have sorted the problem now.

For anyone’s future reference it was because in the custom db i had requires username ticked but wasn’t providing a username. Unticked that box and now works fine.

Thanks a lot for sharing that with the rest of community!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.