Authentication fails with Invalid State and AnomalyDetected

I have an old system using angular v1 and auth0-js v6.8.4. I haven’t updated the auth0 library for a long time and it’s all working fine. Until a couple of days ago, the login function started to throw 403 error:

code:"access_denied"
description:"Invalid state"
name:"AnomalyDetected"
statusCode:403

This is my sign in code:

auth.signin({
    connection: 'Username-Password-Authentication',
    username: $scope.user.email,
    password: $scope.user.password,
    authParams: {
        scope: 'openid name email' // Specify the scopes you want to retrieve
    }
},function(){},function(err){
  alertService.error(err['details']['description']);
},'Auth0');

Does any body know what has been changed recently to auth0? Since it’s a pretty old system, I just want to keep it working without updating the libraries in angular code. Many thanks.

Hey there @yunjia.li!

Sorry for such delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing you with the best developer experience support out there but sometimes we simply have limited bandwidth and capacity. Totally sorry for any inconvenience and thank you a lot for understanding.

Probably you’ve gone past this issue by now bu the things that is crucial hear is that our engineering teams are constantly working on improving the tools we host in our GitHub repos so it will be required to update your codebase from time to time as we try to implement improvements on a regular basis.

Thank you a lot and once more sorry for any inconvenience!

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.