Auth0 Login Issue - Local vs. Production

I am currently facing an issue with Auth0 login integration in my Nuxt.js application, and I would appreciate any insights or guidance you might have to offer.

Description of the Issue:

In my local development environment, the Auth0 login process is functioning as intended. I have specified the callback URL as localhost:3000/signing-in. Upon successful login through either Google or Microsoft accounts, the application correctly redirects to the dashboard via the signing-in page.

However, when the same code and logic are deployed to the production server (https://portal.mydomain.com), the Auth0 login behaves differently. After logging in through Google or Microsoft accounts, the application remains on the login page and does not redirect to the dashboard. Notably, I have set the callback URL to https://portal.mydomain.com/signing-in for the production environment.

Observations:

In the local environment, the auth.strategy correctly shows “auth0” after Auth0 login.
However, in the production environment, the auth.strategy continues to display “local” even after Auth0 login.
Request for Assistance:

I am seeking your expertise to understand the potential reasons behind this disparity in behavior between the local and production environments. What could be causing the Auth0 login to fail on the production server, and why is the auth.strategy not reflecting “auth0” as expected?

Additional Information:

Nuxt Auth module version: 2.0

I appreciate any assistance you can provide in troubleshooting and resolving this issue. Thank you for your time and expertise.

Hi @amit12

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Thank you for posting your question. I’ve checked your tenant settings, and you are using Developer Keys for both Google and Microsoft social connections, which are unsuitable for production environments. You can see the whole Limitation of developer keys with Universal Login here → Test Social Connections with Auth0 Developer Keys.

You need to properly register your application with the relevant identity provider to obtain a Client ID and Client Secret, which are necessary to setup a social connection.

I hope this will help you!

Thanks
Dawid

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.