Auth0 generated messages

Is there a way to edit auth0 generated message related to id_token? That is, the error message currently says the following, which needs to be customized.

The verification code has expired. Please try to login again.

Hello @yslee8742 welcome to the community!

Where exactly are you seeing this error message? As far as I can tell this is related to a passwordless flow? In that case I assume you are using Classic Universal Login?

Let us know!

Thanks @tyf, this is were Iā€™m seeing the message right after the email login and code has been sent. But Iā€™ve set the id_token to expire in 3 mins and this is when you go beyond 3 mins. The goal is to change the wording on the highlighted text: The verification code has expired. Please try to login again.

And yes weā€™re using ā€œClassical Universal Loginā€.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming!

You should be able to change this error text by providing a languageDictionary option in the Lock widget code - Please see the following article and topic:

Hope this helps!

Thanks @tyf, but I feel like the above languageDictionary controls the Auth0 login popup. What we need is to change text after the code has been generated and one that shows up on ā€˜ourā€™ application.

@tyf Can I get some insights on the last question? Thanks.

Hey @yslee8742 apologize for the delayed response here! Thanks for clarifying, I was mistaken previously - Youā€™re correct, this is outside of the Lock customization which languageDictionary has access to. Thereā€™s an open ticket internally to confirm whether or not the desired behavior is possible. I imagine weā€™ll have an answer soon and I will definitely update this thread once we do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Following up here for future reference - Unfortunately the the response from the API in this context is not configurable in any SDK.

@yslee8742 If youā€™d like to, I definitely encourage creating a feedback request as we monitor those closely!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.