Auth0 for shinyapp: Successful login returns user to Auth0 login, not the app

Hi

I have setup Auth0 for my shinyapp using the auth0 package. When I request the url I am successfully redirected to Auth0 to login. When I successfully login, Auth0 returns me to the app url but this starts the process again - I am directed to auth0 - rather than starting the shiny app. Anyone had this problem or has advice?

Hi @jack.cattell,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you’ve encountered an authentication loop with your Auth0 app.

First, could you please confirm whether you have configured the Allowed Callback URLs properly in your Application Settings in the Auth0 Dashboard?

And could you clarify if you also passed the redirect_uri in the authorization request?

For now, you may find our Redirect Users docs helpful.

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you.

thank you

The allowed callback url is configured correctly in format https:/host.mydomain.com/folder

I haven’t set a redirect_uri, but see that parameter is correct in the url the shinyapp creates to be directed to Auth0. I did set remote_uri as the same as above in the auth0.yml file.

The allowed callback url is the same as the one that starts the auth0 process.

Jack.

Solved it - i hadn’t set the whitelist correctly.

thanks anyway.

Jack.

Hi @jack.cattell,

Thank you for your responses.

I’m happy to hear that you solved it!

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.