Auth0 Authorization APIs

Hi,

I’m new to Auth0 and i’m finding it quite interesting to learn!

My team and I have run into an issue that we can’t quite seem to figure out…

We’ve enabled auth0 Authorization extension, got the login access token to work and everything seems to be going smooth so far.

BUT

Once we got to calling the APIs to access to actual groups, we consistently keep getting 401 unauthorized. WE ARE STUMPED. ex: Https://YOUR_TENANT.us.webtask.run/adf6e2f2b84784b57522e3b19dfc9201/api/groups

We’ve verified that the machine-to-machine application has to correct permissions (scopes) selected. We’ve also verified that the actual token is being authenticated correctly.

Is there something we should look into to identify why we are consistently getting 401 each time we try to call the GET groups endpoint?

Also a note for Auth0 staff, I noticed that the URL displayed in the Authorization Extension is different than the URL provided in the doc that Auth0 provides: Authorization Extension API Explorer.

In the API extension, the url ends with .run - on the contrary, within the doc file that’s provides, the url ends in .io
Https:.YOUR_TENANT.us.webtask.run/adf6e2f2b84784b57522e3b19dfc9201
https://YOUR_TENANT.us.webtask.io/adf6e2f2b84784b57522e3b19dfc9201/api

To conclude, we are trying to overcome the 401 unauthorized error each time we are calling the /groups endpoint.

Thank you all in advance!!

1 Like

Hi @yogo,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you enabled API access in the extension’s dashboard settings?

As for the run vs. io issue, it looks like that is specific to when you created your tenant. I’ll pass it along, thanks!

Hi @dan.woda.

Yes enabled. I actually got it to work. It was due to the API not having client-creds enabled for machine-to-machine.

Something to note, I get 200 OK for the /groups API, but I get 500 internal error when retrieving the actual members in that group. Could you assist me with see why Auth0 is throwing 500 error? retrieving the group info with /groups/{groupid} works good and returns the group details. Just when I do /groups/{groupid}/members I get the 500 error

Thank you in advance!

Glad to hear you got a solution. Can you DM me your tenant name?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.