Aut0 login loading state

I have create an app, using the new universal login and using the library @auth0/nextjs-auth0 for login flow.
After the user writes his username and password and clicks login button the redirects from auth0 to my landing page take a while, like 1,5 seconds before the landing page of my application starts rendering.
Considering this is there a way to add a loading state, spinner or image while this redirects are occurring so that the flow is more user friendly.

If not is there a way to improve the performance of the login flow?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Same issue here, there is a 3 seconds delay between user clicks “Log In” and the site actually redirects to my app, in that meantime there is no any loading spinner or something that indicates redirect is happening.

Hope there is a solution for this.

We are also running into this. I would imagine as we add more logic to our Login Action (adding roles, update internal data stores, etc) which is synchronously blocking the pipeline that the need to indicate to the user that they are in the process of logging in becomes more and more important. Curious to see what the official recommendation from Auth0 is