Application specific login screens

Hi

Greetings!
Is it possible to create a separate signup/sign-in page apart from the universal login page and use it an application? i.e. instead of customizing the universal login page for all the applications (when their look and feel is expected to be different) - based on the application id/name, is it possible to design completely a new set of pages and invoke them from the application during signup, sign-in, password reset, change password workflows?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Selva

Hey there!

Not sure about that but let me check it and get back to you soon!

There is no mention about that in our docs unfortunately.

If you don’t want to use Auth0’s hosted login page, you can implement your own custom, embedded login page and hit the Auth0 API directly.

https://auth0.com/docs/login/embedded

1 Like

@aspinnler this way you need to develop UI yourself

Embedded Flow is the way to go, as mentioned above. You can of course use the Lock.js library if you want, but that’s not required.

Note though:

instead of customizing the universal login page for all the applications (when their look and feel is expected to be different) - based on the application id/name

It’s possible to distinguish between the client.id within the hosted login page at Auth0 and i.e. show different theme or log based on client.id / client.name. That info is available in the config object within the hosted login page. Just to make sure you didn’t overlook that.

Useful resource in this context:

Hi @aspinnler
Thanks for your input. Just to confirm my understanding, are you suggesting to use ROPC flow with a custom login page of my own in the application when you mention about calling APIs?
I will take a look at the Embedded Login. Thanks.

Regards
Selva

Hi @mathiasconradt
Yes, I knew about customizing the Lock screen or the ULP by differentiating the login based on client id or app names. But I thought it might complicate the maintenance as the applications are being maintained by different teams and one should not step into the changes of others.

I will take a look into the Embedded logins as suggested.

Thanks
Selva

Yes, Embedded would be with ROPG. Note that there are a few downsides.

1 Like

Hi @mathiasconradt
I think ROPC is not recommended generally as you know.
So can i assume that if i have to customize the login page between the applications and not want to use ROPC, the only option is do it by differentiating the code in the Universal login page script?

Thanks
Selva

1 Like

the only option is do it by differentiating the code in the Universal login page script?

Unfortunately, yes.

1 Like

Thank you @mathiasconradt.

1 Like