App level encription with auth0?

Hello, before I start working at my app I have a question

I want to secure the users data (that is stored in my app database) with a app level encryption. I want to use auth0 for register/login and AWS dynamoDB to store users data.

I want only the authenticated user to be able to read (decrypt) its data, so my question is:

Is auth0 providing a user unique encryption key or a function to encrypt/decrypt custom data?

Or Should I generate at register an user key and store it in the auth0 user profile as a field and use it? (I don’t know if this is possible, it allows custom fields?)

Thanks.

Hey @adrianbg

As it has been more than a few months since this topic was opened and there has been no reply or further information provided from the community as to the existence of the issue we would like to check if you are still facing the described challenge?

We are more than happy to assist in any way! If the issue is still out there please let us know so we can create a new thread for better visibility, otherwise we’ll close this one in week’s time.

Thank you!

Hello

The problem still exists, let me rephrase the question:

Can and should I a store an user private key in oauth?

That is used to read its data stored in my database (similar with that 1password and protonmail does).

Thanks.