Auth0 Home Blog Docs

Any troubles with Delegated Administration Dashboard extension?

#1

Hey there,

Does anyone experience or experienced in the past problems with Delegated Administration Dashboard extension? When creating new users the screen hangs for few minutes eventually throwing ‘Oh snap! An error occurred while creating the user: Unknown Server Error’. I’ve tried to uninstall extension, delete auth0-delegated-admin and single page application client, create single application again reinstall the extension. The auth0-delegated-admin application was re-created as expected yet the same error during user creation happens.

Delegated dashboard displays itself correctly, we can see users and attributes yet create user facility stopped working.

Do you have any suggestions how-to?

Cheers, Piotr

#2

Cześć Piotrek! :slight_smile:

Haven’t heard any other people reporting that? Are you able to share the screenshots how it behaves? In the meantime I’ll try to ask internally whether someone know what might be the potential reason!

#4

Witam Pana Konrada!

I haven’t heard from anyone whether it is systematic issue. Delegated dashboard worked sweetly for us for months without any issues. It behaves nasty since end of last week. We can use delegated dashboard as normal (e.g. searching, viewing user details or logs etc), when you attempt create a new user the problem occurs. That happens for any delegated dashboard user. Screenshot attached.

#5

It’s often easier to diagnose extensions with the Real-time Webtask Logs extension. Could you provide the webtask log output when trying to create a user?

Do you have a custom Write Hook?

#6

Hey VnceB,

No, I haven’t done it yet. Looks like API calls to management API hangs forever when I try to create a user.

Cheers

#7

And what do you see in the webtask logs?

#8

I’ve installed Webtask logs but there is nothing there, absolutely no errors, looks like it is failing silently:

image

Meanwhile from the delegated dashboard we’ve got the following:

Looks like the process hangs on the step when generic Dashboard application makes a call to management API, users endpoint. It just hangs forever. I’ve logged a ticket with Auth0 support too to get them on the deck as well.

Cheers

#9

FYI, if you are using or consider to use delegated admin extension. I’ve contacted Auth0 support and they confirmed that it is likely there is a problem with this extension. Apparently, changes to user record, for example deleting users from the database can corrupt delegated admin extension. And then, when you try to add new user you will get this:

Unhandled rejection TypeError: Cannot read property ‘canCreateUser’ of null
at /data/io/4d5a2bf5-9fd4-4890-a3dd-a2502e43baa9/webtask.js:1:63664
at bound (domain.js:301:14)
at runBound (domain.js:314:12)
at tryCatcher (/data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:510:31)
at Promise._settlePromise (/data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:567:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (/data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:612:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (/data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:691:18)
at Promise._fulfill (/data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:636:18)
at Promise._resolveCallback (/data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:431:57)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:522:17)
at Promise._settlePromise (/data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:567:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (/data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:612:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (/data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:691:18)
at Promise._fulfill (/data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:636:18)
at /data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/nodeback.js:42:21
at /data/_verquire/lru-memoizer/1.10.0/node_modules/lru-memoizer/index.js:77:18
at /data/io/4d5a2bf5-9fd4-4890-a3dd-a2502e43baa9/webtask.js:1:44913
at bound (domain.js:301:14)
at runBound (domain.js:314:12)
at tryCatcher (/data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/util.js:16:23)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (/data/_verquire/bluebird/3.4.6/node_modules/bluebird/js/release/promise.js:510:31)

#10

Hey @piotr.kublicki!

That is correct i also discussed it with our developer support team and it seems like the problem is on our end. If I get any updates on fixing this one I’ll communicate it in here!

#11

Hey Konrad,

Thanks and good luck with that! If you have any news please keep me posted.

Cheers

1 Like
#12

Sure we’ll keep you updated!