Additional parameters missing when using db connection for login on Auth0's Lock

Hi There,

I have been using Lock for my iOS app’s Login flow. It works great, but now I need to pass additional parameters during login.

The Lock widget offers a parameters attribute which the docs say will be “sent with every authentication requests”. Sounds great, so I put this together:

let params = ["favoriteFood": Base64Encode("pizza")]
  Lock.classic().withOptions {
    $0.oidcConformant = true
    $0.allow = [.Login, .ResetPassword]
    $0.parameters = params
  }

The issue is, my custom parameters aren’t showing up inside the login request when I login with a database connection. When I login with a social connection like google, I am seeing these parameters.

Has anyone else found a solution to this? Or can someone clarify the purpose of this “parameters” attribute, so I can better understand how to use it?

Thanks, Dylan

NOTE: The docs specify that “the following parameters are supported: access_token, scope, protocol, device, request_id, nonce and state”, so I tried renaming my custom parameter “state” instead of “customParams”, but the issue remains.

• Lock v2.5.1 Swift

Hey @dylanmoo!

As it has been more than a few months since this topic was opened and there has been no reply or further information provided from the community as to the existence of the issue we would like to check if you are still facing the described challenge?

We are more than happy to assist in any way! If the issue is still out there please let us know so we can create a new thread for better visibility, otherwise we’ll close this one in week’s time.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.