Account Linking Client Side with Angular 2+

Hi ,

Does anyone have any guidance or examples of user initiated account linking using angular 2+. i am following the documentation User-Initiated Account Linking: Client-Side Implementation

For Step 1 Initial Login - I am using the universal login which works ok

For Step 2 - User initiates account linking - I ahve tried using the lock but get an error when lock.show() saying ERROR TypeError: e.count is not a function

I am new to Angular and was really looking for sample code / approach.

any help much appreciated.

:wave: @jamesmagin the message seems to indicate that you may be attempting to call a value from a function, but the value is not actually a function. Could you please share the code that is giving you this error?

Hi Kim, tahnks for your rsponse.

I have since managed to move this forward by calling the universal login for a specific connection when performing the user initiated account linking (Step2 in the documentation). This now seems to work fine although I am struggling to make the final step 3 i.e. Call the API to link accounts

I get teh following error {“statusCode”:400,“error”:“Bad Request”,“message”:“Bad HTTP authentication header format”,“errorCode”:“Bearer”}

I have also added the scope update:current_user_identities to my unversal login call. Attached is more info on the API call

Again any help much appreciated.
James

Hey there!

Sorry for such a delayed response! We’re doing our best in providing you with the best developer support experience out there but sometimes our bandwidth is just not enough for all the questions coming in. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Can you let us know if you still require further assistance from us?

We have created a FAQ related to this topic. Please check it out: How to Implement Client-Side User Initiated Account Linking