Access token is null when using Authentication API Debugger with password grant

Hi. I’d like to implement a SPA with an API. I found a great tutorial which is looks like fit to my purposes. At the moment I’d like to test my API with an access_token that was acquired by my SPA. For this I found the Authentication API Debugger where I’m able to authenticate my users using SSO and Password Grant. My problem is that I’m not getting access_token when I’m using Password Grant. I’m getting the proper id_token for my user but the access_token is null.

For the configuration in the Application dropdown I choose my SPA and for the settings I add the API’s audience. When I’m using SSO for another user I’m able to receive an access_token.

Do you have any idea what should I missing or what am I doing wrong for getting null value for the access_token

1. have provided your api as an audience with permission at the time of login?
  2. if not you use get access token for more help
1 Like

hi. thanks for the response. as I mentioned I added the audience of the API. If there is no audience I’m not getting access token for the sso authentication either. so because the sso is working and providing access token I’m suspecting something else

Out of curiosity, were you able to figure this out? I’m also trying to use that same debugger extension.

Hey there @kevin16 and @ElGringo welcome to the community! I apologize for the lack of response @ElGringo - Hopefully you were able to get this sorted.

@kevin16 I’m not sure what’s going on with the UI, but when you are returned back to the extension do you see the access token in the url despite it showing null in the UI? That was the case for me when testing just now.

Let us know!

1 Like

yep. the solution was what pranshushah mentioned. you need to pass the audience here:

it should be the api identifier for the api that you need access token to

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.