What is the tracking id on the error page?

I’m trying to diagnose an error we are having and the best I have is a “tracking id” from the Auth0 error page.

I have no idea what this correlates to though, as I can’t find any documentation on it. I’ve gone through the logs in the management console and I think I’ve found the corresponding log, however that does not contain any field that matches my “tracking id”.

Does anyone have any experience with this?!

1 Like

The tracking ID, as far as I’m aware, is mostly for internal consumption so you may not find anything to correlate with; the goal is that the identifier in question can be communicated to support when exposing or discussing a particular issue so that support can try to track additional information that may prove useful to troubleshoot the situation quicker.

The recommendation would be for you to raise a new question detailing the exact issue/error and steps to reproduce and then as an added bonus also provide the tracking ID if you have one. If reproducing proves hard the tracking ID could be a valuable lead.

Thanks for the reply @jmangelo.
Part of the problem is that we don’t know why or how this error is happening. I was hoping to find out more information from the tracking id. This was the information gathered from the error page:

invalid_request: You may have pressed the back button, refreshed during login, opened too many login dialogs, or there is some issue with cookies, since we couldn't find your session. Try logging in again from the application and if the problem persists please contact the administrator.

TRACKING ID: 50234c960eb0abb29060

Ah yes, that situation is a bit troublesome because the error message does is actually pretty precise about the root cause and even also offers some possible explanation, but if you’re not in one of those situations then it may be more tough. In my experience, the tracking ID won’t help much, because the issue is that we don’t have context about the transaction you’re trying to complete/continue (lack of cookies or no longer valid) so we also don’t have much information.

I would recommend you to update the question with the exact steps/endpoints you call and actions you perform.