Support of password expiration after n-days

In enterprise scenarios password expiration after n-days is a mandatory requirement. Is there any rule to archive that out-of-the-box?

2 Likes

At this time, there’s no built-in availability for password expiration so you would need to rely on the available extensibility points (like rules) as a way to implement such policies, however, this is something that is already being tracked in our backlog so it’s highly likely that there will be work to make this a built-in functionality.

Thank you for the fast reply. Any change to rate / vote for such feature too increase the priority in the backlogs ? :slight_smile:

Thank you for the fast reply. Any change to rate / vote for such feature too increase the priority in the backlogs ? :slight_smile:

This is being tracked internally, but I can add a feedback note manifesting the interest of an additional customer (you in this case) about this feature.

Please add myself as interested in this feature as well in the internal feature tracking note

Sure, and although without any commitment date I can let you know that the feature itself is already in a stage well-beyond the just in paper stage so there may be good news about this in the short term.

Is there a rough timeline when this feature will be available?

I would very much like this feature too! Especially if I could do it per user.

Is there a rough timeline when this feature will be available?

I would very much like this feature too! Especially if I could do it per user.

If by rough timeline you are okay with months, based on the information available now I would say likely available over the course of the next four months, but with software things change rapidly so there’s always uncertainty.

Thanks @jmangelo for your response. Please keep me in the loop as you find out more information about this feature. We were looking to implement this ourselves using Rules by the end of the year, but if this feature is coming down the pipeline, we rather use the built-in functionality.

In addition to the timeline, like @kcculhwch, I’m also interested in whether this would be applied per user, per database, or per client.

Thanks @jmangelo for your response. Please keep me in the loop as you find out more information about this feature. We were looking to implement this ourselves using Rules by the end of the year, but if this feature is coming down the pipeline, we rather use the built-in functionality.

In addition to the timeline, like @kcculhwch, I’m also interested in whether this would be applied per user, per database, or per client.

Any update if that get’s an official feature. We need to move to another provider if this is not there.

2 Likes